Your Choice for Fredericksburg and Surrounding
Regions Property Management
APPLICATION POLICY AND PROCESS
RENTAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- The application fee is $45.00 and is NON-REFUNDABLE. We only accept online applications.
- Each applicant, age 18 and above, must fill out an individual application and pay a NON-REFUNDABLE application
- The application fee can be paid with a credit card at the end of the application or with a money order to our office. We do not accept cash or personal checks for application fees.
- The application process usually takes 3-5 business. It is possible this may be delayed or accelerated depending upon the speed of the verification process for tenancy and employment information. Non-responsive contacts may be a cause for MacDoc to decline an application or for another application to be completed before yours.
2. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:
Please have the following items ready with your application.
PLEASE EMAIL DOCUMENTS TO email@example.com
- Valid Government issued photo ID
- At least one month of verifiable income. i.e. paystubs
- A photo of each animal occupying the property
- Signed rental verification form – Our Listing Agents will provide you this form to sign
3. TENANT SCREENING AND EVALUATION:
WE DO NOT PRE-SCREEN APPLICANTS. Our agents or office staff cannot discuss your specific situations and they cannot advise you if you application will be approved or denied. All applicants are required to pre-screen themselves with the criteria listed below and will need to meet the requirements listed
Each applicant is required to provide a copy of a valid government issued photo ID. Non-US citizens will need valid passport government issued ID along with a visa that is valid for the length of your proposed lease agreement.
Applicants should have income that equals at least 3 times the monthly rent. Acceptable sources for providing verification are: Pay stubs, Social Security, Disability and Housing Vouchers. Self employed applicants must provide most recent tax return and prior year in additional to 3 months of bank statements
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION and HISTORY
We require verifiable permanent employment history for at least the past 12 months. If military, we need a copy of your LES. If active duty, please provide your assignment orders.
RENTAL VERIFICATION and HISTORY
We require positive, verifiable residence history for at least 2 years whether you own or rent. Applicants are required to provide proper contact information and lease dates for all residences for the past 2 years or more. Less than 2 years of verifiable Rental history, if approved, may require a higher security deposit. Rental history must be verified by unbiased sources and cannot be from family or friends. Ownership will be verified on your current credit report.
Any previous eviction or open balances with another Landlord, may be grounds for automatic denial. Bankruptcies may result in a higher Security Deposit if all other qualifications are met.
A hard credit check will be obtained on each applicant by MacDoc Property Management, LLC. Credit history should show the resident has a history of paying bills, with low write-offs and collections. Some of our properties do require a credit score over 600.
Listing descriptions that state “all credit considered” can be interpreted as no minimum credit score required but your report will still be reviewed.
Any previous collections open from another Landlord may be grounds for automatic denial.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
MacDoc Property Management will perform a background check on all applicants, which includes a nationwide criminal search, sex offense and terrorist database check. Criminal backgrounds with convicted violent and/or drug felonies may result in your application being declined.
The majority of our properties are pet friendly. However, some properties do have breed, size and quantity restrictions. Approval of the pets are at the sole discretion and approval of the Property Owner. If a pet is approved, there will be an additional non-refundable pet fee of $400 per pet. All pets must be listed on your renters insurance which is a requirement of MacDoc Property Management. A photo of your pet, pictured with you, is required with the application. Any misrepresentation of pets will be grounds for a $1000 fine and possible eviction.
4. OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING
- Once we receive your completed application with all supporting documents, we will have it fully processed and notify you of the results within 3-5 business days.
- If pre-approved, you will need to pay the security deposit in certified funds to secure the property. Once final approval is received, the Lease will be sent to you electronically and must be signed within 48 hours of receipt. We will continue to accept and process applications for the property until we receive the Security Deposit AND Signed Lease.
- Vacant, ready, rental properties can only be held for 2 weeks. Once we receive your Security Deposit, you will need to sign the lease within 48 hours of receiving it and the move in date must be within the 2 week policy.
- If the applicant fails to take possession of the property after the Lease Agreement has been signed, the Security Deposit will be forfeited as liquidated damages for taking the property off the market.
- In the cases where we receive multiple applications for a property at the same time, we will process ALL applications and approve the most qualified applicant. If your application is pre-approved and not chosen for the selected property, we do hold applications open for 90 days. You may apply your pre-approved application towards any of our other properties within those 90 days without having to pay an application fee again.
- MacDoc Property Management makes every effort to ensure accurate information is provided when describing our properties. Please note that changes do take place and applicants should verify all details including local schools, utility companies, cable companies, etc…
- NO SMOKING is permitted inside any of our properties or any building. Tenants are subject to fines and potential eviction for any smoking inside the property.
- MacDoc Property Management conducts periodic property inspections on each property which can include taking interior and exterior pictures. These inspections are required by MacDoc Property Management and are conducted approximately every 6-8 months.
By completing our application, you are indicating that you, as the applicant, have had the opportunity to review the above rental application policies, and understand that providing inaccurate, misleading or false information can result in denial of application.
By completing our application, you agree and understand that all application fees are non-refundable
***If misrepresentations are found after the lease has been signed, the lease agreement will be terminated.***